Join us at Pontiac Lake Recreation Area on June 23rd for 2, 4, or 8 hours of overnight, all in the dark flag finding on (nearly) the shortest night of the year.
New this year:
- Juicier, higher density flags for the two hour event closer to the start/finish on more beginner-friendly features
- Pontiac Lake! Champs-level terrain
- Pre-marked detailed orienteering maps
- Breakfast on the beach @ sunrise for the Full Nitro 8 hr
- Water stops at several access points off of the surrounding roads
- The best excuse to buy a mega headlamp you’ll have this year
- Reflective checkpoints – you will not miss them if you are nearby
Congratulations to everyone who came out – truly the best customers anyone could hope for! Also, thanks to the indispensable Barbara Niess May for scouting / consulting / food prep / logistics extraordinaire. Additionally, many of you will appreciate that Rick Waldo vetted most of the checkpoints for quality assurance.
Load up your tracks or see where everyone else went!
Pictures forthcoming after a nap or two!
Sign up for 2, 4, or all 8 hours of overnight, in the dark navigation fun, including new terrain and a higher checkpoint density.
To avoid conflict with the fast and fun SCAR, which is on 6/17, we’ll be on 6/24. Hope to see you at Pinckney Recreation Area for 2, 4, or 8 hours of overnight, flag-finding fun in the dark.
Such impressive performances in both the Half and Full!
Thank you for your patience – grad school made for a busy winter! Look forward to see you scurry out of Silver Lake Beach for 4 or 8 hours of checkpoint hunting in the dark.
The first ever Nitrogaine 8 hour overnight navigation race in Pinckney Recreation Area saw 24 brave souls, as teams or solos, looking for 45 checkpoints scattered around many of the 11000 acres.
Tony Misovski won, closely followed by his usual Michigan Racing Addicts teammates. Full results here:
Who’s in for 2016??