Orienteering in the dark. An overnight rogaine. A mud run with no defined course and 100% certified organic obstacles. A choose your own adventure…with headlamps! Select from 2 or 4 hours or go all night with the the 8 hour and finish with breakfast!
You’ll get a detailed pre-marked orienteering style topographic map with the checkpoints marked. Navigate your way to as many of them in any order you like as long as you’re back by your cutoff – you’ll lose up to two checkpoints from your score for each minute you’re late. Some will be on or near trails. Some will be far off trail. Some route choices will be straightforward. Some route choices might be more…interesting.
GPS watches or loggers or phones for recording/Strava purposes are fine, but please navigate with your wits, compass, and map. If you get really lost…call/text HQ and we’ll see what hints we can give you to keep you ranked.
Please peruse the required gear.
Check in: 7-8 pm
Maps: 8 pm
Race Briefing: 9:50 pm (Don’t get hurt, don’t trespass, please come back on time and have fun!)
Start: 10 pm
Finish: 2 am
$60 per person 4 hr; $40 per person 2 hr
Plus please have a Recreation Passport or daily sticker on whatever cars you bring – it is the best outdoors value in Michigan! Out of staters: You’ll need two passes, one for Saturday night and one for Sunday morning. Please be sure to address this via a self-registration or staffed area (e.g., Park Headquarters) or popular entrance gate.
What You Get
- ~four dozen accurately placed checkpoints (electronic and includes punch stick rental for Full and Half)
- Each participant gets their own set of maps, even on teams
- Backyard BBQ fare (Quarter, Half)
- Breakfast (Full Nitro)
- Swag (if registered before 5/15/2019)
- Instant results with electronic punching (Full and Half, Quarter may be pin punch so a few minutes of delay in results, still just 15 minutes after cut off)